Human Resources Manager
Luisa Graff Jewelers is a large family and veteran owned jewelry store in Colorado Springs, CO. We are looking for an experienced Human Rescources Manager (HR Manager) to join us.
This position requires proficiency in:
- Works with officers to plan, direct, and carry out store policies relating to all phases of personnel activity, including professional development of the staff.
- Works with officers to maintain and update Employee Handbook in accordance with applicable employment laws and guidelines.
- Works with officers to communicate and interpret new or revised policies to all employees.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Stays current on legislation and information regarding HR issues.
- Resolves employee grievances.
- Conducts periodic wage and benefit surveys to remain competitive in our markets.
- Oversees and administers employee performance and compensation evaluation process.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Conducts employee terminations as necessary.
- Maintains employee files and records. Keeps information current and maintains a high level of involvement with all personnel transactions such as employee’s personal data, status of PTO taken, hires, increases, promotions, transfers, performance evaluations, professional development, participation in employee benefits, and terminations.
- Coordinates store functions and special events.
- Administers store communications.
- Develops and maintains daily store schedule.
- Conducts exit interviews with all departing employees and communicates significant problems or observations to officers.
- Maintains and updates job descriptions.
- Coordinates phone schedule and answers phones when needed.
- Manages mentor/mentee program and monitors program’s effectiveness.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Works with officers to coordinate and administer store compensation and benefit programs, including enrolling employees in all benefit plans, coordinating annual enrollments, including disability enrollments and IRA enrollments, and responding to questions and resolving problems or issues.
- Maintains the store’s master compensation spreadsheet and update as needed.
- Studies and assesses benefits needs and trends. Obtains and evaluates benefit contract proposals. Recommends benefits programs for approval.
- Communicates and maintains records with PEO.
- Administers bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintains and communicates with third party employment vendors such as worker’s comp, unemployment, and others as necessary.
- Coordinates the full life cycle of recruiting through new employee orientation.
- Manages all recruiting activities, including professional and administrative positions, intern programs, on-campus recruiting and other recruiting efforts.
- Builds relationships with recruiting resources such as local colleges, recruiting agencies and other sources.
- Conducts and oversees new employee orientations to foster understanding of store culture and create a positive attitude towards store goals.
- Supervises the preparation and process of new employee paperwork.
- Researches, recommends, and implements compensation related programs aimed at attracting, motivating, and retaining qualified employees.
- Essential Job Functions
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods when required.
- Basic computer skills, with proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Learn and apply computer software programs.
- Ability to personally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Maintain organized files.
- Maintain positive attitude with officers and team.
Associates degree plus five years of human resource experience. Strong management experience with HR certification desired. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Well organized.
This is a full time position starting at $50,000 per year depending on experience.
If you have the toughness necessary to succeed in a competitive environment, yet are caring enough to work as part of a team, send your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.